JUST MERCY: A CONVERSATION Led by Liz Chandler--"Just Mercy" is the true story of Walter McMillian, who is sentenced to die for murder despite evidence proving his innocence. In the years that McMillian is on death row, lawyer Bryan Stevenson encounters racism and legal hurdles as he fights for McMillian’s life, See the movie and/or read the book, and join us for discussion on Monday January 27 and/or February 10 at 7:00pm St. Peter’s in the parlor. This movie is PG-13 and could be a great opportunity for adults, youth and parents, or anyone interested in this conversation.
FAMILY PROMISE (FP) HOSTING - March 1- 8 Come by the FP table, in Fellowship Hall, starting Jan 19 (online sign up will be available at that time, also) to see how you can put your faith into action, to help our neighbors in need. New to FP? We will happily partner you with a veteran volunteer.
USHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES- Ushering is a fun way to get to know people at St Peter’s and a great way to be a welcoming congregation. Training is available and there are also written instructions available. 8:30 service: February 23, March 22, April 26 and June 28. For the 11:00 service, we have one person scheduled and would like a second person on: January 19, February 2, March 1, 22, 29, April 5, May 3, 10, 24, 31 and June 7, 28.
FELLOWSHIP HOUR HOST OPPORTUNITIES- There are several opportunities to host Fellowship Hour: February 23. March 1 and 8. Sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080a4daea62aa4ff2-stpeters If you have any questions about hosting you can contact Julia Stolle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARMEL UMC FOOD PANTRY - January we will be collecting personal care items (shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, pads and tampons, laundry and hand soap).
ONE SERVICE AND FEARLESS DIALOGUES CONGREGATIONAL EXPERIENCE - Mark your calendars now for Sunday, March 15, 2020! Our Formative Congregations Grant is offering us a unique opportunity. We are bringing animators from Fearless Dialogues (www.fearlessdialogues.com) to our congregation for a special experience.
Kroger Community Rewards - If you have a Kroger Plus rewards card, then you can help St. Peter's get a tiny percentage of your Kroger purchases. Here's how: Go to www.kroger.com and log into your Kroger account. If you don't have a Kroger account, you can sign up for one.
1. In the upper right corner, click your name and click My Account.
2. In My Account, look on the left for Community Rewards and click it.
3. Look for St. Peter's of Carmel. Our organization number is QX484
Save the changes. Now, the next time you use your Kroger Plus card, St. Peter's will get credit!
If you need help with Kroger Community Rewards, call 1-800-KROGERS, option #3.
· Saturday, January 25 – Please pray for our elected congregational leaders on a Fearless Dialogues Retreat.
· Tuesday, January 28 – Young Adults Group meet at Books & Brews, Carmel at 7:00p.m.
· Sunday, February 23 – Shrove Breakfast in between services
· Wednesday, February 26 – Ash Wednesday Worship at 7:00p.m.
· Saturday, February 29 – Singing Circle with Dinner at 5:00p.m.
· Saturday, March 21 – Trivia Night sponsored by Education Team
· Tuesday Afternoons in March – Weekly Study led by Lori from 1:30p.m. – 2:30p.m.
· Wednesday Evenings in March – Weekly Contemplative Worship Services led by Becca at 7:00-8:00p.m.